Star "V" Machinery is introducing their new low cost Star V-Groover model JuniorStar. This entry-level, no thrills V-Groover was designed to enable the smaller solid surface fabricator to profit from the v-grooving method without breaking the budget.
The JuniorStar V-Groover is designed to v-groove various wood materials, wood composites or plastics such as solid surface. V-Folds to create a PVC board, build-up front edge, cove back splash profile, scribe strip, dado for back panel, double edge shelving etc. Other v-groove angles besides the standard 90 degrees can easily be employed by changing the cutter head.
The automatic tape applicator is included. The feeder belt moves the material over the phenolic flat table. The v-groove is being applied from above. Both linear as well as cross cuts up to 10" away from the fixed fence are possible. Set-up controls are manual.
This machine can easily be connected to our automated gluing and folding machine for further automation of the fabrication process.
Some of the key data and features for the STAR "V" MACHINERY, Model JuniorStar Linear V-Groover (Open Sided) are:
- (1) 10 HP - 3,600 RPM main motor
- 30 MM Diameter cutter motor shaft with 8 mm keyway
- 3" Useable clamping length
- 9-1/2" Maximum cutter head diameter (9-1/4" standard)
- 10" Maximum cut from fixed fence, mechanical read out
- (1) Feeder double width belt with fixed feed speed
- Main table covered with 1/2" thick Phenolic
- 6" Solid aluminum reference roller in cutting area
- Cutter head side movement via manual crankle system
- Belt feeder height adjustment via manual crankle system
- 24" x 96" Tubular welded frame construction
- 1 Year warranty
- Automatic Tape Applicator
- Star "V" Customer satisfaction assurance
Model JuniorStar Photos
Click the photo for a larger view.
Return to the V-Groover